Structural Steel Fabrication
WELDING, the fusing of two pieces to form one is a dependable, precise and cost-effective method for joining materials.
Many welding shops offer welding only or limited sheet metal or tube fabrication. At Noble Industries, we offer full service sheet metal, tube, and wire custom metal fabrication which includes welding services for short and long production run jobs. Our extensive welding capabilities utilize both robotic welding and manual welding in MIG and TIG and mesh welding for wire products. We are experienced in welding aluminum, carbon steel, and stainless steel materials. We also have complete resistance welding, also known as spot welding capabilities. Our unique welding shop supports our custom metal fabrication process.
The welding services at Noble Industries support our full service fabrication process with capabilities including:
- Resistance Welding / Spot Welding
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) / Metal Inert Gas (MIG Welding) – This semi-automatic or automatic process uses a continuous wire feed.
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) / Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG Welding) – A manual welding process that is extremely precise, especially useful for welding thin materials.
- Robotic Welding– Where welding and handling of parts can be a completely automated process.
- Mesh Welding – electric flash butt welding where the two wires are pressed together and the electric current is activated
Benefits of TIG Welding
- Superior quality welds
- Welds can be made with or without filler metal
- Precise control of welding variables (heat)
- Free of spatter
- Low distortion
Benefits of MIG Welding
- All position capability
- Higher deposition rates than SMAW
- Less operator skill required
- Long welds can be made without starts and stops
- Minimal post weld cleaning is required
Benefits of Robotic Welding
- Significantly reducing setup times
- Increases throughput (both capacity and velocity)
- Dramatically improves weld quality and consistency/repeatability
- Reduces and often eliminates the need for hand finishing of welds